The rapidly changing energy sector needs advisors who understand the power market operation principles and its development perspectives. Our dedicated energy team consists of lawyers, who see the power sector not only as a field for professional specialization, but also as a field of interest. We provide services to businesses generating, distributing and trading of:
- electric power
- liquid fuel
- energy sources and
- derivatives, including certificates of origin and emission rights.
Our services include:
- General overview of the legislation in the sphere of energy law and specialized advising on licensing, connection to the grid rules, price formation, etc.
- Full legal support of investment processes in the energy sector,
- Legal assistance during due diligence process (including legal review of regulatory framework and permitting, real estate, contracts etc.) and transactional assistance (including preparing, review and negotiation of contractual documents pertaining to the transaction, specific formalities related to energy and regulatory permits/ authorizations etc.),
- Developing and negotiating contracts concluded by energy businesses,
- Developing general contract terms to be applied by energy businesses,
- Developing and implementing restructuring concepts and business models for energy groups,
- Assistance in obtaining administrative decisions necessary to commence and carry out energy business,
- Legal services regarding the procedures related to incentives for generating and trading energy from renewable sources – competition law matters
- Representing entities before courts and institutions relative to consumer protection,
- Representing Clients during disputes related to energy business operations,
- Developing legal analyses and opinions in the course of ongoing advisory support for energy businesses,
Comprehensive advice regarding establishing and operation of energy businesses producing energy from renewable sources (wind farms, hydro power plants, bio-gas plants).